Parade Participant Information
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2018 at 5:30 PM there is a MANDATORY meeting in the Vidinha Stadium Parking Lot. You must have a representative present.
Parade starts at 6:30 pm on December 7, 2018
Please have all participants review this information prior to Tuesday, November 27th.
Contact Person: Eileen Winters, 808-639-6571, Eileen@WintersRealty.com
The parade will leave the stadium staging area at 6:15 pm to make the 6:30 pm start at the corner of Hoolako Street and Rice Street.
Float Staging Area – Vidinha Stadium:
- The parade will be staging in the South parking area (industrial park side, nearest Rice Street)
- No parking or float assembly will be allowed in this area.
- Staging area will be available for arrival of floats at 3:45 pm.
- Float Entrance: Enter from Hoolako St. through the center -FLOAT ENTRANCE- of the parking lot.
- Floats are checked in, placed in the line-up and given final instructions.
- Participant Parking: Enter from the East end (soccer field side) at -SUPPORT ENTRANCE-. Parking for participants is available in the parking lot next to the Sunshine Market.
- Floats must be in place by 5:30 pm and ready to move at 6:00 pm.
- No trash receptacles will be available on site so please be responsible and take care of your own trash.
Please note that the Sunshine Market will still be conducting business and we ask that you be considerate of them.
Road Closing: Hoolako, Halau, Oihana, and Puaole will be completely closed to through traffic at 6:00 pm
To help keep the spirits high, please:
- FOLLOW the instructions of Santa’s Helpers.
- COMPLETE your decorations BEFORE you line up at the stadium.
- Light up EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.
- PASS out candies and goodies, HAND TO HAND (Nothing in the air, becomes missiles.. ouch !!!)
- Put everyone on the float at the stadium. (Loading and jumping off during the parade is dangerous.)
- Parade ENDS at the County Building Parking lot. Riders disembark there.
- PACE yourself, keep the parade FLOWING!
- Follow the INSTRUCTIONS of SANTA’s helpers.
- Spacing .. Give the entry in FRONT of you ONE LARGE truck length (If you sit on their tail, no one can appreciate the front of your float, but if the gap is too long, the crowd gets restless!!)
END OF PARADE is at the state/county parking lot.
- EVERYONE turns RIGHT into the parking lot except the big rigs.
- Parking and staying? SANTA’s helpers will tell you where to park.
- Unloading and Leaving? Follow SANTA’s helper’s directions!
- Pull to the RIGHT SIDE to unload, do not block the flow of floats!
- Drive STRAIGHT THROUGH the parking lot, exit to UMI St.
- THANK YOU again for being patient with the VOLUNTEERS.
- Please, DON’T CHANGE THE RULES.
Thank you organizers and volunteers for your hard work!
Our goal!!.. a SAFE, HAPPY, FUN FILLED lighted event for all.